Thursday, August 6, 2009

My brother's keeper

I have divorced parents and it usually is fine and occasionally even great. Sometimes it is really frustrating though because it can be difficult to deal with one of them and they have these bizarre feelings about each other. Worse is when I get assigned double chores. For instance, my brother and I hadn't been to my mom's house in a month and then we went over to her house for a weekend to use the faster internet and then we get an email saying that the house is a mess and we have some nerve. The only problem is that we most certainly did NOT make a mess right? Apparently, my step dad, who had been living the bachelor life totally blamed us for the mess >:(

So what do I do? Normally if my mom was here I would try to argue my way out of trouble, it would back fire and make her mad. Then, I would spend the next couple hours cleaning and scrubbing, but I wouldn't do a good enough job and then my mom would be mad for another two hours until she lost interest and wanted me to make dinner.
Instead today, I tried it a different way. I blackmailed my brother, who needed a ride and told him he would hve to clean before I took him anywhere. Normally, he hates to do anything resembling work, but Voila! the house is clean. :)
p/s don't feel bad for him. he is 16 and 6'3" and he still makes me make him lunch.

<3 devious Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment