Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Scuba Duba Diving

I went scuba diving today. SOOOO much fun. I thought I would be totally uncomfortable and cold since I went to Anacapa Island to swim in the reefs, but with the wet suit in August I felt very warm. There was also a Jacuzzi on board that was amazing. Peeling off the wet suit and hopping in is in itself a wonderful feeling. I loved swimming with the sea lions. They are friendlyand playful and it is so interesting to see them in their natural environment. I think they feel really awkward on land, but in the water they are wonderful hosts.
There is this huge pin and blue fish that totally stalked me and it turns out it is known as the SheepsHead. What also surprised me was how amazing the kelp looked rising up to the surface like a forest around me.
I can't wait to try out new places, especially the Caribbean and off the coast of Asia. It is really awesome to do with friends, but underwater is always a good place to clear your head and think in some peace and quiet as you drift with the current over anenomes, lobsters, coral, crabs, and brightly colored plants.
<3 Aquamarine Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment