Friday, August 21, 2009

Kick of your sandals

I was emailed this promotion, after having had the most luxurious sandals vacation ever in Jamaica a year ago, for a great deal to go back.

Beaches 2 Nights Free

I wanted to do a review of this trip because it was a nonstop ride of indulgence, adventure and relaxation. Everything I did, from exploring the waters of Jamaica with the lobsters and fish (watch out for night time jellyfish oh my! they kind of itch) to zip lining across the forest canopy to ordering a succulent rack of lamb from a menu with no prices, created a vivid dream for me. For 90 hours, I was princess of a utopia. I kind of expected something that is all inclusive to offer the lowest quality things in order to make a great profit, but this wasn't the case for this family business. We enjoyed the very best in every department and Jamaica itself, even if I had been staying in a shanty, would have been a magical place. When it pours, you may not even try to get out of the rain. Its a warm shower that makes the green around you all the more lush. The weather was fairly warm and mild and I went in November. When I landed in lake Tahoe on the way home, it was Snowing!
Of course to every positive review there has to be a negative... My only chagrin was that I couldn't explore Jamaica to the full extent I wanted, but this was less a fault of the resort( which offers shuttles and cars) than of the safety issue. Also, of course the price of this resort may glare one in the face. A bill that you pay up front and that you know the amount of is much better than the hundreds of times you shell out during a regular vacation. Don't get me wrong, when I am vacationing in Europe, we fly over there, get a car and see as much as possible, the hotel isn't important and we are usually kind of exhausted a lot. That's one type of vacation and this is the purely recreational kind- don't expect to learn anything except phrases like "AIRE" and "no problem" and the culture of Jamaica.
Anyway, my point is that just thinking of this vacation makes my stress lessen and puts a smile on my face.

<3Saphire Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment