Sunday, March 21, 2010

Makeup Minerals


So, of course as I am on my way to through the teen year exit, my skin still retains its acne prone obsession. The good news is that I am at that age where a ton of makeup isn't necessarily out of the norm, but it certainly can be tedious to apply and expensive. I started with the whole "minerals" craze after I used a friends makeup before a dance in high school. To be honest, I have never looked back because liquid foundation always felt like it was suffocating my face. Also, because its a new idea, every minerals company seems to give out free samples and these samples actually last a long time. I say, "milk it!" You can simultaneously find the brand that is right for you and stock up on some free cover-up. I recommend starting with the Colour Correcting Foundation Primer in Green from pur minerals. This one specifically gets rid of red skin from acne as well as less common conditions such as rosacea. If you don't need that much help, just go for one of the simple lines.
I break out less using the mineral line than I do with my earlier liquid stuff, but sometimes it does make my face itchy or make me sneeze.
I seem to be allergic to one of the minerals that happens to be in the Bare Minerals collection so that's why I started branching out to begin with. Its always a good idea to check out all your options.

<3 Covered Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment