Monday, September 28, 2009

Bare minerals/Everyday minerals

I have been using bare minerals for a while now, but of course I have been using it more often recently since I am in college and want to go out more often and the nights are longer. The makeup is therefore more often on my face and I have realized that this makes my face a little sensitive and really makes me break out. Bare minerals is really amazing in how much it covers though and it looks really natural if you have the right shade. I did some research and found out that bare minerals has something called bismuth oxychloride. This could be propaganda or wild speculation, but some links said that this was an allergen to some people and I figured maybe this is what was irritating my skin. I haven't been wearing it for a day and a half now and my skin is definitely feeling better, but it hasn't completely healed yet. One thing that was recommended is Everyday minerals which apparently does not contain the same minerals. I went to their website and they sent me a free sample (I paid the $2.80 shipping fee, but not bad).
It will arrive in a couple days so hopefully I will have an update then.

There are also name brand concealers for people who don't have the painfully sensitive skin that I do, which are cheaper. If Bare Escentuals works for you then they are having a sale right now at Ulta where the kit is $30 instead of $60:
Take $5.00 Off Your Purchase of $10.00 or more at Ulta.com - use code 22443 at checkout

<3 Fair to Light skinnedgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment