Monday, July 6, 2009

Trendy Micro and more

So I was infiltrated by a fake anti virus system today called System Security which told me I had a total of 3 adwares, trojan horses and dangerous applications on my computer. I was freaked out and ready to download whatever they wanted me to, when I realized that something was funny. What company was this again? I had never even down loaded something by this name and it wasn't until it started popping up that I thought anything was wrong with my computer. Plus, I already had an antivirus and ran daily checks so even if it had failed to catch one virus, I doubted it would miss 38. Then, I noticed that my desktop background was binary 0101010101 on a blue background. Where was my normal pattern with the bamboo trees?

This kind of stuff can happen all the time and it is dangerous. Once you know something is wrong and you aren't computer savy or know anyone who is, google is your best friend. A quick run of the search engine told me that this "System Security" was a big risk to my computer, level 75/100 and that I should immediately use an antivirus to get rid of it. Which antivirus though?
I was confused until I asked my brother, who is far more computer smart than I am.
He gave me these tips:

1. Save all your info on an external hard drive and update this often. Even if you don't have computer troubles. This is like computer files insurance and you can never be too careful. Thanks to this method, he actually saved all my prom pictures from an unfortunate situation involving my mom's computer.
a) My Book Home Edition 1TB External USB 2.0/FireWire 400/eSATA Hard Drive

b)
V1 SATA 3.5 500GB USB 2.0/eSATA External Hard Drive


These are pretty good deals because they hold quite a bit and are under $150.
c) Signature Mini Blueberry 160GB External USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive <<$68 is a decent deal and in fact, I just found an extra coupon:
Exclusive to TechBargains 3% OFF on External hard
every penny counts remember. (especially with shipping and handling and tax)

Also, make sure you keep your antivirus updated.
And for that matter make sure you have an antivirus:


10% Off - 1 YR- Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2009 This is my antivirus


Save $10 NOW when you buy CA Internet Security Suite Plus Good product.


10% Off Top Norton Products at Symantec (code: sym10off Exp: 7/31) This is the best internet deal right now.

<3 Hit the road System Securities

No comments:

Post a Comment