Sunday, June 28, 2009

Psyched Soccer

First off...
The United States beat Brazil in the Preliminary for the World Cup!

Socccccerrrrr!

I am getting kind of agitated as July approaches and I am very uncertain on how I should be preparing. I am looking for my required reading list... I have to read some old greek book. I think I read that in the 6th grade, or was that the Odyssey? I read a lot of greek things when I was younger because I was obsessed with the greek myths. My favorite story was the story of Eros and Pscyche because it was the most romantic and had the happiest ending of any of the stories I heard.

Eros and Psyche
Basically, Psyche is a beautiful girl and all the men around fall in love with her. Therefore, Aphrodite, Goddess of Love, gets jealous. She sends her son, Eros aka Cupid, to make Psyche fall in love with some horrible beast. Instead, he falls in love with her. He takes her away to this beautiful island and only visits her at night so that she can't see him. She is very lonely during the day and so she begs him to let her sisters visit. He permits her sisters to come see her, but her sisters get really jealous of her. They start asking her tons of questions that make her doubt her husband, "Why does her keep you here?" "Why does he not let you see his face?" "Is he a monster?".
They convince her that she is being kept by some creature against her will and make her take a dagger into her bedroom. When Eros arrives and comes near her, she puts the dagger down because she can't do it, but he sees it anyway. Hurt, he leaves, but first he reveals himself to her. She spends her time walking the earth searching for him. Finally, she begs Aphrodite for help and Aphrodite sends her on a quest of sorts. (A still hates P and wants her to fail.) After doing random tasks like getting golden wool and retrieving a box from the underworld, Psyche opens a box that supposedly contained beauty (seriously?) and finds a deep sleep instead. Eros, who by this time has forgiven her and still loves her, flies to her rescue. He wipes the sleep from her eyes and declares to Zeus that he intends to marry her. Zeus makes her immortal and they live happily ever after.
YAY! greek Gods are so jealous--- more so than the cast of Gossip Girl. maybe I will write Gossip Gods.


<3 Gossip Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment