Monday, June 22, 2009

Job interview

Today is my first real job interview. I am trying to get hired as a line cook. I don't exactly know what that is... I like to cook? I got a lot of advice on what to do and I would like to share it.

1. When asked a question to which you reply "no" always follow up with something positive. For example, when asked, "do you have prior experience as a line cook?" say something like, "No, but I am very interested in learning."

2. Bring a resume! make sure it has elaboration on your prior job experience and some references (people who will say nice things about you)

3. Make sure you are clean and pressed. Nice shoes, nice skirt, blouse, hair, makeup.

4. Exude confidence and warmth. No one wants a cold fish or a shrinking violet

5. Look the interviewer in the eyes.

6. Don't bring your mother (or if you do... hide her)

7. make sure you are well rested and sharp so you don't say anything stupid.


I am going to stop at 7 points. I am too nervous to continue thinking about this.

<3 Hire me :) << confident and happy

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I really liked your post, interesting perspective. I was looking out for the same kind of information. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

    Certain jobs in life would require following a basic parameter but if you stick by the simplest and most decent of job interview tips, there is no denying that you will create an ever lasting impression. One of the very first things that people notice about you when you come to a job is your grooming. So never underestimate this aspect of your appearance when days before you are heading for the job interview.

    ReplyDelete