Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Se la vie

Okay, so today I am just posting to say that life doesn't really make much sense to me. I am talking about college of course, because where people end up going is so rarely the dream and sometimes when it is the dream... it is all wrong. Take me for example, When I was younger I just liked the schools near home because that was where my babysitters were going and I thought they were so cool. As I got older, I wanted to go to Harvard because I heard that name mentioned so many times. I gave that dream up when I got to high school and I realized that it was too stressful for me to make that my actual goal. So instead, I focused on college in general and I knew I wanted to get in somewhere good, I just wasn't sure where. Now that I am in to various colleges on the top 20 list, I wonder to myself if I feel any more fullfilled. I don't-- not really. And seeing the hopes and dreams crushed of those who desperately wanted one school over another just makes me feel like the whole process is kind of wishy washy anyhow. The kids who applied to Harvard this year at my school are the best. They do everything that a TV harvard student would do and then some and they are real people. No one from my school this year got in although we did have various other ivy leagues including a Yale. But the way people got in just wasn't how it was expected in terms of one over another. I guess this only leaves the essays and the economic factor since the tables have turned since last year. Now, money is definately a bonus when trying to get into schools because even havard lost 20% of its endowment. That's a hit. And now I get to see what its like from the other end. All the schools that told me that I had less than a 20% chance of getting in now have about a 1/8 chance that I will pick them. So Ha!

<3 harvardless Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment