Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Balance

This is a warning to be very careful with credit cards and learn how to manage them early. When I got my first one it was very hard for me to know just how much I was spending every month and even worse was the fact that I never saw the bill because my parents just paid it for me, so I was just always waiting to get yelled at. The Discover® Student Card
is a good idea because a student card helps you manage your money easier. It has its limits and it has reasonable fees as well as some cool features. I am really happy now- with one debit and one credit card I can pay for everything and still don't run over my budget. Make sure you keep lists though! And pay in cash when you can. Of course cash has its down side too. Freshman year a friend of mine turned her room upside down looking for $1000 her parents had left her before leaving for Taiwan. They were visiting and she needed to ask them for money if she couldn't find the money they had given her, but she also didn't want a lecture. SHe looked and she looked... she couldn't find it anywhere and had to spend 2 months without any money. Luckily she found it--- in her freezer ( I guess that was her brilliant hiding place one late night.

<3 Handling the Budget Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment